Eric F. Greenberg
- Principal Attorney
Eric concentrates his practice in food and drug law, packaging law, and commercial litigation. His food and drug work has included regulatory counseling, new product development, negotiation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on numerous levels, handling recalls, and defending enforcement actions.
His packaging work is a pioneering approach to legal representation for members of the packaging industry. He counsels a wide range of consumer product companies, packaging manufacturers, package design firms, and others on regulatory and labeling requirements, and handles related contractual and litigation matters.
He is a member of the Trial Bar of the US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, and is an experienced trial and litigation practitioner in both federal and state courts.
Eric is a member of the Adjunct Faculty of the Chicago-Kent College of Law, where he teaches Food and Drug Law, and a member of the Adjunct Faculty of the Michigan State University School of Packaging, where he teaches an online course in Packaging Laws and Regulations.
He serves as legal editor of Packaging World Magazine, for which he contributes a monthly column, called The Legal Side.
As part of his development of packaging law, Eric wrote Guide to Packaging Law, first published in 1996, second edition in 2007. It is the first reference book about law for those in the packaging business.
Eric is a frequent speaker and presenter on topics including developments in Food and Drug Law, FDA regulation of foods and other products, and packaging law developments. For over 25 years, he has been an informative and popular speaker at educational seminars and conferences, including events sponsored by the Food and Drug Law Institute, Institute of Food Technologists, Smithers/Pira, Packaging Machinery Manufacturers’ Institute, Society of Plastics Engineers, American Conference Institute, and many others.
Eric received his undergraduate degree from Northwestern University in 1980. He earned his law degree from Cornell Law School in 1983.
For a list of publications click here.
Areas Of Practice
- Food and Drug Law
- Packaging Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Illinois, 1983
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Illinois
- Cornell Law School, Ithaca, New York
- J.D. - 1983
- Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois
- Major: Anthropology
- Guide to Packaging Law, 1996
- Guide to Packaging Law, 2nd Edition, 2007
- Speaker and presenter, Food and Drug Law Institute, Institute of Food Technologists, Smithers/Pira, Packaging Machinery Manufacturers’ Institute, Society of Plastics Engineers, American Conference Institute
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Trial Bar of the US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Member
- Adjunct Faculty of the Chicago-Kent College of Law, Member
- Packaging World Magazine, Legal Editor/Columnist